What’s better than a succulent steak to satiate those belly rumbles? A rich and creamy steak sauce!
Steak sauces are the perfect accompaniment to the plate’s best bit. By enveloping your thick steak in a warm and creamy sauce, these steak sauces have the power to take great dishes and make them into unforgettable ones.
No doubt the UK’s most popular steak sauce is the famous peppercorn sauce, notable for its fiery touch. Best cooked in the same pan as the steak, pour it onto the steak immediately before serving for that extra mmm.
From all the way in Argentina, though, the Chimichurri sauce looks less like a sauce and more of a perfect dressing. Finely chopped parsley, garlic, and oregano make up the dressing, which is also lightly coated in white vinegar and olive oil.
Steak sauces truly complete a steak dish – our mouths are already watering!
If you’d like to learn more about steak sauces, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve dished up a delicious infographic to give you the full dressing on 5 amazing steak sauces that are the perfect touch to any steak.
Hungry for more? Read below for a mouthwatering peppercorn sauce you can quickly knock up in your kitchen.
- In a pan, melt one knob of butter and cook 1 finely chopped shallot (until soft)
- Add in 1½ tsp crushed black peppercorns and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Increase heat and boil until nearly evaporated.
- Pour 100ml beef stock and boil until reduced by half.
- Add 100ml double cream and 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Simmer contents for around 3-4 minutes, stirring. Don’t forget to season with a pinch of salt.
- Serve and enjoy.