In this infographic we share 13 pancake toppings from around the world.
Here’s what makes the list:
- Korea – Kimchi pancake (kimchi jeon)
- Malaysia – Coconut-palm sugar pancakes (kueh dadar)
- Russia – Cottage cheese pancakes with sour cream and caramelised apples (syrniki)
- Lebanon – Pancakes filled with walnuts and cream (katayef)
- Canada – Blueberry pancakes with bacon
- Austria – Pancakes with stewed plums (Kaiserschmarrn)
- Finland – Stinging nettle pancakes (nokkosletut)
- Australia – Buckwheat crepes with mango, macadamia and kithul
- New Zealand – Yoghurt pikelets and kiwifruit jam
- France – Crepes with chocolate sauce (crêpes sauce chocolat)
- North Africa – Semolina pancakes with honey butter and honeycomb (baghrir)
- Japan – Sweet chestnut cream pancakes (dorayaki)
- Thailand – charcoal & cheese
Check out the infographic for more detail.